Tuesday, September 29, 2009

100 Creative Ways.

100 images... of only three pre selected items...
I was super happy with the items i choose. I was on my way home from school and saw Dollarama and thought I'd check out what they had. I wandered down each isle picking up items i thought might be fun. I found the flower first and well it caught my eye cause i wanted it for my room. The mirror I thought would be interesting for different angles and reflections. The pearls are something I've always been attracted to and I thought they complimented the flower and mirror. So they went together well which I felt made my pictures look more put together. All for only $3!! I think it would of been harder had I'd chosen a stuffed clown, a salt shaker and some socks...
It was difficult continually being creative. After I'd taken 25 pictures I thought I'd done at least 50. I'd say every 25 pictures I had to sit back, close my eyes and refocus. At 75 I really began to struggle!! Which was good. But ideas kept coming and I had a lot of fun with this assignment. Really! I'm not just saying it. haha It took more concentration than I'd imagined though. You really need to keep your mind on your subjects, also keeping in mind the different elements of composition we talked about in class. I had my items on a window sill in my room which provided really nice light, also I have beige lace curtains which gave me some natural framing which I think turned out really nice. I felt like after I'd concentrated so long on these items even more ideas for other shots with different items started coming to me. I took a picture of my old film camera with the pearls on it and its one of my favorite pictures I've taken all year. This assignment was definitely good for getting the creative juices flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment